Stay connected with mobile site development & design
Statistically in Australia, 89% of the population own a smartphone and 60% own a tablet. There’s a growing demand for digital services and approximately a third of the population without a device will purchase a smartphone or tablet within the next 12 months.
It is essential that your website is engaging and functions flawlessly from whichever screen it is accessed – whether it’s a tablet, smartphone, iOS device or Android phone.
Getting mobile-ready isn’t just about having a functional, responsive website. It’s about ensuring you’re offering a great user experience, whichever device is being used. All websites completed by iSmarts are focused around a user-centric approach, boosting customer engagement, lowering bounce rates and raising that conversion rate too.
In April 2015 Google actively started penalising websites which are not mobile compatible and promoting those that offer a native mobile experience.
How does it work?
If you want to push your customers’ mobile and tablet buttons, there are a great number of factors to consider. From loading times to font sizes, to understanding which parts of your website visitors may want to access. Mobile responsiveness means thinking carefully about every aspect of a visitor’s mobile experience. We ensure:
- Images with significant loading times are kept to a minimum, keeping visitors’ data costs low and speeding up their mobile experience.
- Sites are built to adjust to any screen size. There’s no need to spend precious time zooming in and out to painstakingly navigating a page.
- Navigational links are clear, even without the hover or mouse-over feature of a desktop computer.
- Key information is as accessible as possible via mobile. This could mean careful analysis of mobile visitor flow, a slicker mobile menu and an alternative mobile site architecture.
How does your site display?
Benefits of a mobile website design compared to apps?
It’s difficult to keep count of the number of times people say ‘let’s make an app’ without really understanding the benefits of apps compared to good mobile website design.
- Users don’t need to download and install the app.
- Exactly the same user experience can be created using a mobile website as an app.
- Users can bookmark a mobile website to their home screen in just the same way as an app.
- The experience can simulate using an app, making users think it is an app.
- Mobile web works on all smart phones – so you don’t need to develop and maintain different apps for Iphone, Android, Blackberry, and Microsoft.
- Using responsive web design, your same mobile website can be optimised for tablet devices.
- A mobile website can use the same Content Management System and content as your main website, so you only have to update content once.
- Mobile websites can be updated instantly, so you don’t need to wait until you’ve developed a new version of the app.
- Mobile websites are independent of app markets – so you can commercialise your own site without paying a share to the market.
- Mobile websites are cheaper.
There are plenty of reasons to develop apps but in the vast majority of cases, it makes sense to use mobile web.